Monday 24 October 2011

Not as hard as it seems

It is an interesting phase I seem to be going through.

Have you ever noticed, that when hardly pressed, you are capable of much, much more than you could have ever expected of yourself?

The amount of work which  Ihave to do (work in a very broad sense), the number of responsibilities has definitely become smaller, and yet - it seems to demand all of my time and strength.
 - The kids at school are, actually, angels, The worst things I've encountered so far is loud talk, which can not even begin to be compared to the belching contest or bringing knives and Cannabis to the class, which used to be part of everyday curriculum back at the good old trade school.
So every time I get so very much upset and nervous about somebody misbehaving, I pause, sigh and ask myself: "However did I survive back then?"

- There are now much less responsibilities, or, rather, they are concentrated around myself only, so that it's only me and my cats I must take care of, and that has lifted a gread burden from my shoulders. Yeat, there always seems SO MUCH MORE to do! And there never seem to be enough hours in the day.
So every time I get this feeling that I'm not a woman but a Shire horse pulling a well-loaded cart, I pause, stretch my muscles, and ask myself: "However did I se to lift that load back then?"

- The money is there, but never too much, and not all whims can be satisfied at once. I'm still saving for that easel.
So every time I feel an excessive lightness in my wallet, I pause, and smile, and ask myself: "However did I manage to support a family back then?"

And all these questions give me confidence, because if I had been able to do something that hard once, I shouldn't feel troubled with the smaller mishaps and all these tiny inconveniences today.
But, my God, how did I ever manage?

Lecte ;)

No comments: