Wednesday 5 October 2011

New Home

This summer's culmination was my moving into a new flat, thus ending a certain period in my life, which has lasted for almost four years.
The place seems like a dream come true: perched high above the street, the windows facing West, two balconies and no other windows immediately opposite my own, so that I haven't even got curtains yet, and feel absolutely comfortable nonetheless.
Isn't it funny how the wishes are fulfilled? This is a home I had first imagined for myself more than seven years ago, and my world was then very different. Now, all of a sudden, I get it all - quite unexpected but correct in every detail. The same principle works with other things too, I've noticed, so recently I've been trying to be as precise as possible when making wishes, meticulously discussing every detail, as if signing a contract with the World. I wonder how this works out - the other side seems to have better lawyers, all the same :)

The first two things I did after arriving at the new place, was hang the wind chimes on the balcony and light the ginger-scented candle. It seemed the right thing to do, somehow. The three cats came when everything was ready for them, terrified and meowing desperately, so that I wasn't able to get any sleep at all that first night. They are all right now, though, the fastest-adapting creatures I have ever seen.

I expected to feel sad and empty somehow, after all, this is the first time in my life when
I'm living completely alone. Instead, I feel surprisingly complacent, as if my mind has simply
turned off the emotions, which used to run excessively, like too much water. I wonder where
this will lead me.


Also, I have eventually developed an abnormal hunger for Austen's novels. Doctor, is this curable? )))

Lecte ;)

2 comments:

Donna~Q~ said...

Congratulations ~ It sounds like a wonderful new home!

Lecte said...

Donna~Q~, Thank you, it really is.