Tuesday 9 August 2011

Through Bog and Forest

We've been going out a lot recently. Out of the city, I mean, out into the forests and bogs. I'm always restless in August, eager for a change, for fresh air smelling both of summer and autumn, in between the two seasons. 
So we've rented a car and go for a drive and a walk every day, even if only for a couple of hours.

We've discovered a tiny bog right on the verge of the city. That was the day we walked 15 km on foot, of which I'm still immencely proud :)


We've seen lots of flying things, beautiful and hard to capture. 

The dragonflies were particularly challenging :)

The green spy whom I would have never spotted if it wasn't for Maestro's keen eye.

 We've also gone to a larger bog in one of the national parks.




I felt like I was accompanying two mushroom-loving hobbits, when mom and Maetro both rushed into the thicket after declaring they had only come to admire nature's gifts, not - God forbid, - to gather any of them.

Of all the twelve, I find August the most inspiring, though a little sad: no matter how wide you open your eyes, how deeply you breath the green scented air, there's alway so much more left unseen, untouched, undiscovered.

Lecte ;)

No comments: