Wednesday 31 August 2011

That Sweetness

I've never tasted so much sweetness mixed with so much salt and bitterness as this summer has brought. Members of my family have been taken away on an ambulance, and put to the hospital, and got fired, and experienced all kinds of anxieties. Just when we thought it was laa happily over, my doctor came up with the news that the X-ray showed that I might have tuberculosis which, apart from the obvious health problems, would have left me unemployed, unable to continue working at a school. After two weeks of racing from one hospital to the other, I've finally find out that I had had the disease more than two years ago (and never knew up to this August!), but, luckily, am quite healthy right now, and may continue working. 
While the results of the tests were still unknown, I had almost got another job, but then decided to return to school, at least for a while. 

These trials being over, and the others still on their way, I have a brief moment of peace now.
These are the pictures of horses whom me and Maetro love to visit once in a while. 


This one is accepting an offering of a baby carrot ;)

And then we went to the sea, just in time to see the huge ripe fruit of a sun setting down into the mist.



We returned home when it was already dark. I love these little trips of ours so much it hurts - the flapping of the masses of leaves in the dark, the acute smell of pine resin, the layers of clouds sweeping over our heads, the faint smell of the sea, the strong, overwhelming smells of damp grass and whortleberry bushes, the illuminated windows of the houses, like huge orange aquariums... I can never get enough, cane never breathe enough of it all, and miss it desperately.

Well then, it's off to school tomorrow, so I should go to bed early today.
Good night :)
Lecte ;)



2 comments:

yew tree nights said...

So sorry to hear you've had such a rough summer! I'm glad to hear that there have been some lovely things mixed in though... it's so important to take good notice of the beautiful experiences, isn't it? Anyway, I'm wishing you a very good fall with many, many, many more good things than bad.

Lecte said...

Jodi, thank you so much for your kind words.