Sunday 20 March 2011

Playing with Fire

Yesterday, we had the most wonderful evening, with a creative outburst I haven't experienced for several months (and i've missed the feeling too). My best friend, a radiant, sunny person with wild curly hair, eyes of the colour of chocolate and a stock of energy that could supply a power plant for a couple of years, got her first serious photo camera. Naturally, we celebrated the purchase at our place with a lot of coffee, beer, and an orange tart. Naturally, we tried the new camera, and Maestro delivered a brief lecture about the basic setting and principles, and we played with both cameras... and eventually came up with this:

The hands are painted with fluorescent paint and I set a really small aperture size. There are two people on the picture.

There is only one person on this one.

We also played with candles, and the plan is to rpeat the session with LEDs. 



Again, two people here.


Maestro took a couple of photos of us gossiping over coffee. I love the way my friend's face is lit here, as if on a Renaissance portrait. 



I really loved working with fluorescent, and intend to do more pictures some time soon. 

No comments: