Thursday 3 March 2011

Fire!

You never know when it hits you.
All I did was cut some paprika to cook with the chicken. Never even planned to touch the camera today.
When, all of a sudden, this drop-dead-gorgeous thing revealed itself under my fingers, and I nearly burned the vegetables because I was so preoccupied taking pictures of it.
Isn't it in a way touching, the tiny pods, plump and glossy, concealed safely inside the meaty ripe one? 

The curves are funny, and complete a neat composition together with the thick, rich-green stem. 

And the colors fascinate me. We don't get much color here this time of year, and suddenly I find these beautiful fiery reds, and juicy greens, and radiant yellows bursting right out of my plate. 

The background is a bowl of chopped tomatoes, onions, paprika and garlic sprinkled with some rosemary. 

 I wish I could copy this in clay and hang them all around the kitchen

And, Of course, the cat would not stay away. 



No comments: