Wednesday 13 April 2011

Vita brevis... Brevis indeed! :)

It seems I haven't posted for ages, being totally absorbed with the offline life. I wish I could say the time since the last post has been spent wisely on creative projects, but the sad fact is that it was wasted on fidgeting and being nervous, and nagging my nails, and then sleeping for total 16 hours because the body just couldn't cope anymore.
Anyway, now I can finally relax a bit and admire the results of all the hectic activity. Which are: Maestro and I have changed our jobs, and both on the same day! I really can't relate how relieved I will be when the new contracts are finally signed.
Changing one's job might not be a big deal for a lot of you people out there, but in a tiny country with 20% unemployment rate and some unpleasant nationalistic issues it just might become a problem. To begin with, we were both lucky just to have a job, even if it wasn't a job of our dreams: me working at a trade school, and him being a security guard (instead of an IT engineer, which is actually his profession). I've been sending tons of CVs in three languages during the last two years, and the seeds have finally started to sprout.
If all goes well, he'll be back in the IT business next month, and I'm going to move to a high school in September.
I did have my scruples, though. In the moments of weakness it seemed dishonourable to flee my present field of battle and leave the future welders and automotive technicians in favor of the future managers and business owners. On the other hand, I am rather tired of attempting to put the fear of God into the drug addicts and adolescent alcoholics. Not all the boys are that bad, naturally, but the general atmosphere in the place is that of hormones and abuse, and since I started working here Maestro has suggested more than once to come and break a couple of juvenile jaws because of the things I had to hear.
These lost souls ought to be saved from the total wreckage of their life. However, it will not be done by me.

Right then, enough whining for one entry :)

No comments: