Saturday 16 April 2011

Tousled Tulips

This morning, when drinking coffee, I left the window open just to listen to the birds. The wind is still chilly, but they're warbling cheerfully, in a sweet spring polyphony. 
These are some shaggy-haired tulips from my table. When I was byuing them, I said: "They're strange!", and the saleswoman exclaimed: "No, they're not! They're wondrous!"






And here's a piece of breakfast: lemon tart by Joanne Harris' recipe, rich, and sunnt, and bitter-sweet. 

It's going to be a sunny day. 




2 comments:

Valerianna said...

Hi Lecte - I agree, the tulips are STRANGE, and maybe wondrous, too! My father's family is from Latvia. Years ago in 1984, I traveled to Latvia and Estonia - and did a Soviet tour. It was an intense time there! I loved Tallin, and made a friend there who I stayed in touch with for some years, but eventually we lost touch. I love the old buildings in Tallin. I remember sledding in some park. I was there in January..!

Enjoy your shaggy-haired tulips!

Lecte said...

Thank you!
Yes, old Tallinn is lovely, and so is all of Baltic, I think (if one disregards politics and economy))), and I'm lucky to have been born here.
Well, if you ever decide to visit again, you need only to send a word to get the latest tourist information :)